Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Memorable Moments II


Memorable Moments from my day today:

1) Jackson doing the sign for "more" when eating. A first!

2) Jackson bowled over dog Tucker. Tucker barked at Jackson (first time). Jackson's response, he barked back. Hysterical! I wish I could have captured it on my phone.

3) Jackson took a half step all by himself after balancing for a good 60 seconds on our kitchen floor. (granted, his half step was in the direction of the Publix plastic bags littered over the kitchen floor. he's such a good helper in assisting me in unloading groceries)

4) It's not uncommon for Jackson to feed himself with the plastic baby bottles (the glass ones are too heavy for him to tilt upwards by himself), but I left him (gasp!) on the couch for 2 seconds while I ran to grab my camera. I turned on a good ole 1990's Christian kids' show, so he was enthralled (gotta love cable TV), and I captured this cute picture.



5) This morning, I was quickly vacuuming our sun room, and I left Jackson grinning mischievously next to Tucker's dog bed. I stepped back in the room after hearing Tucker yelping, Jackson half-heartedly whining, but there was no blood and no scratch marks. So I guess both boy and dog were okay. (Maybe Jackson warranted a bark from Tucker this afternoon. He keeps pestering the dog.)

6) Jackson has been taking 2 hour naps these past few days. I gave myself the freedom today to stretch out on the sunroom couch, windows wide open enjoying this 70 degree breeze, and reading Rick Bragg's "All Over But The Shoutin'"



7) Jackson, sticking tongue out to dog, imitating dog, giggling when dog draws near to sniff, lick. Melts my heart to hear that giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment