Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 1, 2012

13 Months

Happy 13 Months sweet Jackson! (do I dare still call you my baby?!)

When do you stop chronicling your child's age in months? At age 2?

Anyways, we are still having the best time with our sweet little buddy. Rather, I am enjoying my time. Poor Andy doesn't see much of any of us these days, as he's holed up in various offices all over the country, madly working on tax returns for his big March and April deadlines. But I keep saying over and over how grateful I am that he works so hard so I can stay home with my precious baby. Even on the trying days of cutting teeth and runny noses...I'm grateful that I'm the one holding a fussy baby and wiping another nose for the 1,000th time. Thank you, my love, for being such a wonderful, hard-working, loving, respectable husband.




Jackson is still as funny as ever, and he's definitely "testing the boundaries" at home. He'll sit in front of the dog bowl, smiling and shaking his head "no." He knows he's not supposed to touch it. Hence the hysterical-ness of him shaking his head "no." But the sin nature is out in full force. Sometimes he feels like obeying and crawls on to another fun thing to play with. Sometimes he reaches for the dog food, testing me. Other "no touchies": the book cases, the VCR/DVD combo player (yes, you heard us right...I can't bear to part with my VCR, even though I never watch my videotapes that we still have. Do they even make VCR players anymore?), electrical cords (of course, Jackson's favorite to play with), trash cans, toilet bowls, toilet paper (loves to pull it). For some reason he LOVES to watch us vacuum the house and he's fascinated by the Dyson. At least he'll pretty much sit still while I vacuum, so that's one way to get the house clean.



He'll eat anything we put in front of him, but he'll also let you know when he doesn't want to eat something. We've tried to teach him baby sign language for "all done," and he has his own version of waving his left hand back and forth to signal that he's "all done" with that particular food. Jackson loves his whole milk, only out of bottles, mind you. I'll get to a sippy cup, but the days can be long enough as is, when I'm all on my own during this tax busy season. I'll tackle sippy cups after April. After all, it's not like I'm going to let him take his bottle with him to kindergarten! Am I flawed in my philosophy? I call it survival mode/happy baby/happy momma for now.



Jackson is actively walking with his walker, but crawling is still the preferred method of movement. We love this little guy so much, and we're so grateful that he's truly a happy, healthy baby. God is so good and gracious to us!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with tackling things when you can. I just wanted to share a cup that helped us. Micah could go without the bottle all day, and sleep fine, but he wasn't getting enough milk. I found a Nuby that comes with a bottle nipple and a sippy nipple. Sometimes hard to find, I found both of ours at Wal Mart. Once he got used to the cup with the bottle nipple on it, I pulled the 'ol switcheroo and we haven't had a bottle since. I know they are all different and it might not work. But just a thought. Love the pictures!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete