First time in my high chair
I can't believe my sweet baby is 6 months old! My how time flies. I think I say that every month, but for real, I'm going to have to plan his 1 year old birthday party in just a few short months! We had Jackson's 6 month check up at the pediatrician today. He weighs 17.1 pounds and is 26.5 inches long.
He's sleeping well through the night, and wakes up once or twice for a quick feeding. On Sunday, July 24th, he flipped from his back to his stomach, and he hasn't stopped since. He's flipping and rolling all around, and I'm amazed at how he can maneuver himself all around his crib. He still naps in his swing (I know, I know, but hey, at least he naps! 3-4 naps a day, and that makes momma happy and baby happy). He truly is a very happy, easy baby, and for that, I'm very grateful.
We just started rice cereal and he enjoys it. Although breast milk is still his main nourishment, he's now getting used to eating from a spoon. We've also tried a little bit of banana mixed with the rice cereal, and I plan to do avocado and also sweet potato sometime later this week. I bought a Beaba from a friend who's done with hers, and so I plan to make Jackson's baby food. I think it'll be easy, nutritious, and inexpensive, so I hope it works out!
Jackson also has started noticing photographs and the people in them, and it's hysterical when he sees a picture of me or Andy. He starts kicking his legs and purses his cute lips saying "Ooh, Ooh!!" He just stares at photographs with wide open eyes and it's so fun to see. Andy's mom will be watching him when we go to DC for a wedding in a few months, so we've been showing him pictures of Ya Ya, since we haven't seen her in a few months. He also still loves it when we read books to him.
Who, Me??
Playing wears me out
Must.Get.Tag


What a cute big boy you have! I can't believe the time has flown by so fast! Shew!
ReplyDelete