Above is a picture of how my child usually falls asleep at night: right arm raised up and resting on the bumper pad. He slept like that for a few hours last night. I have no idea how he doesn't lose all feeling in that arm from the lack of blood flow, but oh well. He sleeps.
I couldn't think of another "Title" for this blog post, and since football season is right around the corner, I thought I'd just say War Eagle :)
Pinterest has gotten me on a craft kick. These are the projects I've been doing lately:
These are lavender scented sachets from Kimberly Kennedy's book
These are fun little housewarming gifts, and if anyone wants to know how to make them, just let me know.
Second craft: Crinkly Taggies. You can find the tutorial here.
I thought I'd use wax paper as the crinkly inner part. But once I washed it, the crinkliness (made up word?!) was greatly diminished. Next time I'll use a baby wipes plastic packaging like she suggested.
This and this are next on my sewing agendas.
I just now realized that I'm not a big fan of messy eating. See Exhibit A below.
I also realize that I've got to get over myself, and that really, the sweet potato/breastmilk/rice cereal combination really wasn't that messy on Jackson, and I've only BEGUN to see messy days. Many more to come, Lord-willing.
Jackson is just now deciding he wants to eat foods, and thus far he's had teeny amounts of blueberries, a little bit of sweet potato, a teeny bit of squash and also banana, and just today, a huge helping of pureed zucchini. He loved it! Jackson still nurses during the day, every 3 hours, and he sleep for long stretches at night, getting up to nurse usually once or twice. His two bottom teeth are coming in more, and I know he'll be getting more teeth in soon as he continues to drool and gnaw on everything.
Jackson is definitely moving, as in he'll get whatever object he's after, whether he has to army crawl, do forehead-down-bottoms-up crawl, or get up on all fours, rock fiercely, and propel himself forward. It's so cute and so funny.


He looks so grown up in his high chair! Sounds like he is eating all kinds of food now!! I am with you....messy, yuck!! But all part of being in that stage. The crawling pics are adorable.
ReplyDelete