Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Cranberry Orange Biscotti

My mama taught me to always take something to all functions and places I attend, whether someone invites us to their home for dinner, or to their vacation home, etc.  So, I present to you...

Cranberry Orange Biscotti


My very kind Bible Study leader and long-time mentor invited our small discipleship group, and kids (brave woman!), to her lake house, and I haven't been to Lake Martin since Jackson was 11 weeks old, so we sure are looking forward to our time there.  After repeated offers of "what can I bring," and her response continually being "nothing," I thought this biscotti would be a perfect treat for her to pair with a cup of coffee as she spends time with Jesus on the dock in the early mornings.  I have never made biscotti but have been wanting to attempt it for eons now.

This recipe is from Pinterest, and is surprisingly really easy.  See the end of the recipe to see the changes I made to it.

Cranberry Orange Biscotti
  
Ingredients
  • 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 oranges, zested (divided)
  • 2 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup white chocolate, melted
  • 1 Tbsp coarse sugar (or granulated), for garnish
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In large mixing bowl, beat butter and 3/4 cup sugar until combined. Add in eggs and vanilla extract. Beat in zest of one orange. Slowly add flour and baking powder. Fold in dried cranberries.
  3. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, shape dough into a 12 inch by 4 inch log, patting evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes. Slice biscotti into 3/4inch slices. Arrange upright on baking sheet and return to oven. Bake an additional 20 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
  4. In small bowl mix zest of one orange with remaining 1 tbsp of coarse sugar (or granulated). Drizzle white chocolate on cooled biscotti and immediately sprinkle with orange sugar. Allow to set (about 15 minutes).
  5. Store in air tight container or ziploc bag. Enjoy!
**Note, I used fresh (previously frozen) cranberries and liked the tartness it provided.  I also skipped the icing part, and I still think it tasted delicious.

1 comment:

  1. p.s. After I make these, they are amazing, but are soft the next day. Any thoughts in how to remedy this? I don't want to overbake them, but I may have to try it next time :)

    ReplyDelete