Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 27, 2013

Mother's Day 2013


This was a special Mother's Day, as we dedicated Ellie at our church.  Both sets of my grandparents were in town, and we celebrated with a brunch at my parent's house with Andy's mom, my sister, my parents, and all my grandparents.  It truly was a special time.  (And special that we were able to dedicate Jackson two years ago on Mother's Day.)



(I know, I know, I'm a bad mama for not getting pics in the church...however, if you could have seen the comic chaos ensuing as we rushed to church, Ellie still in her pj's, me dressing her as we're singing the first song at church, then she starts loudly fussing during the ceremony so I have to soothe her and sway while all the other babies up front with us were serenely looking at the lights and at the congregation; then..after putting her in the nursery, I get paged at the very end of the service because my sweet and tired baby is giving the workers fits, so I am rushing her out of church and off to my parents' house for a much-needed nap...whew, what a day!)











 My sweet friend Mary Claire made the cake












 Miss Priss woke up from her nap, and I whisked her outside, sans bonnet (couldn't find it in the rush), and got a few good pics while she was still refreshed from her nap










 This two year old was tired of pics..can you tell ?! 

Loved all the work my mom put into making a pretty table!
We chose this verse for Ellie's life verse:

 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
Lamentation 3:22-23

This was brought to mind as we reflected on the Lord's faithfulness to us on the day Ellie was born.

I am truly grateful the Lord gave me the privilege and honor of being Jackson and Ellie's mother, and I'm grateful to the godly example of parenting set by my mother, Andy's mom, and my two amazing grandmothers.  Feeling very blessed on this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment