Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Jackson's 2nd Birthday

Wait, I thought Jackson turned two on January 31st?!  Yep, he did...BUT, at the time I had a 6 week old, had no energy to plan a party, he didn't grasp the concept of a birthday then, so I thought, "why not wait until spring time, warmer weather, and do a party then?"  So, that's what we did.






We threw a fire truck birthday party for Jackson the Saturday before Mother's Day, and we knew our families would be in town for Ellie's dedication, so they could celebrate Jackson's birthday with us as well.  Our local fire station is amazing and they host tours, give fire hats and goody bags to the kids, and then we easily strolled next door to this great, enclosed park to eat cake and let the kids wear themselves out playing.





We are so grateful for all of our friends who came out to celebrate with us.  Initially, there was a 70% chance of rain, but thankfully the rain held off, and our only issue was contending with lots of humidity.  But hey, I'll take that over rain!









My sister was a HUGE help in getting everything set up at the park while we were at the fire station.  Thank you Aunt Mar Mar!






 Another huge thank you to my friend Emily for capturing these moments while I was distracted with Ellie





Happy (belated) Birthday Jackson!  We love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment