I'm about a week or so late on this, but Ellie is now 5 months old! She is pretty much sleeping through the night, going to bed by 6:30 pm and usually up by 5 am or so. She still nurses every 3 hours, and she is overall a happy, healthy, sweet, giggling baby. Her personality is really starting to come out more and more, and she loves to watch whatever big brother is doing. She also starts blowing bubbles and "spitting" when she gets frustrated (ironic...Jackson does the same thing when he is frustrated...my sweet, spirited children).
Spontaneous sibling kisses
This past week we enjoyed a much-needed vacation with my family at Rosemary Beach. We had not been to the beach since Jackson was 10 months old, so it was delightful to sit by the ocean (watching the crazy amounts of sting rays in the water), swim in the pool, and enjoy fun family fellowship.
(Lest I forget...on May 23, Ellie actively started rolling from her tummy to her back. Now, she will wake up in the middle of the night because she has rolled onto her back and she'll quiet back down as soon as I put her on her tummy. Jackson was just the opposite, he would roll onto his tummy and start fussing until I got him situated again. Other than that, Jackson and Ellie really are similar as babies. They even laugh and giggle the same. Melts. my. heart.)
And I can't forget to add what Jackson is up to, other than continuing his obsession for trucks ("tucks"), trains, airplanes ("nay nay"), anything that moves. He is really starting to combine words together more and more, and I can see the little wheels turning in his brain as he is trying to communicate to me what he wants to say. The repetition has begun (One more mama="mo mo mama" over and over again, for example). He really loves Ellie and I will look over and find him shaking her hand (as we taught him "nice to meet you"), kissing her, taking her toys, making sure she has her paci ("ta ta").
While life is busy, I am enjoying this stage in life! Blessed...


No comments:
Post a Comment