Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Reflections

As I reflect on this Palm Sunday of our Lord's graciousness, mercies, and provisions for us, I have had these thoughts, and I would love your input from other mama's with toddlers.

We are reaching the picky toddler stage, wanting certain things, certain textures, not wanting our food touching, not finishing all of our food, etc etc.  And yet my heart hurts for the children all over the world who would love to devour the applesauce, blueberries, cottage cheese, and cantaloupe that I set in front of Jackson in the morning.  Truly hurts and aches for those mamas who go without food so their famished children can eat a few morsels to sustain them for another day.  Breaks for those who are perishing from unclean water, when I have the cleanest water in the world freely flowing from my faucets.

While I am enjoying these toddler days and don't wish them away by any means, I am looking forward to the day when I can "reason" with Jackson, and I pray he and Ellie have hearts of sensitivity for those who are suffering, hearts that are sensitive to the Holy Spirit and His moving.

In the morning, we watch this Hillsong song "Hosanna" on YouTube while I finish prepping Jackson's breakfast, and it truly ministers to me, touching deep places in my heart.  May this stanza in the lyrics encourage you:

"Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like You have loved me

Break my heart for what breaks Yours
Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity

Hosanna, hosanna
Hosanna in the highest
Hosanna, hosanna
Hosanna in the highest"


Blessings to all of you as you reflect on this sacred Holy Week and our Lord's graciousness to us.

Note, for a great devotional read with your children, I highly recommend Jesus Storybook Bible. For a solid devotional with your family, check out Redeemer's devotional.

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I totally know where you are right now as we are right there too! Some days Lane LOVES the pasta salad I made and then the next day he won't eat a bite...the only thing that I have implemented that has helped us is what it sounds like you do...you have to eat what we are eating or what I put out. I used to cater to him more worrying he was not getting enough calories, nutrition, etc. Well not anymore...he can eat it take it or leave it. It has made him try more knew things and be more well rounded (even though he would choose to live off of ravioli and cheese if he could!) I guess all that to say you are not alone!!

    ReplyDelete