Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hand-Applique Shirt


Here's a little football t-shirt I quickly made for Jackson.  Tutorial here.  If you don't have time, or the desire, to hand applique, head on over to my friend's 418 Stitches non-profit site, and she can whip you up a delightful appliqued item in no time.



I finally bought a pants sewing pattern, so I'm off to learn how to quickly sew brown corduroy pants for Jackson.

Happy Crafting! 

(confession:  My Heat-n-Bond Lite they suggested in the tutorial did not have a second side to unstick it, so I basically just sewed the interfused felt onto the t-shirt. Do any of you expert/handy women out there know what I did wrong?)

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I have so many things to applique for customers and to do for Whit! The Heat n Bond Lite is what I use all the time. You cut out and then iron it on the fabric. Once it sticks to the fabric you pull off the "paper" part then you iron it again so the side that had the "paper" on will fuse to the shirt. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete