Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

20 Months

Jackson is almost out of his 20th month of life (sounds cheesy to say), and so I thought I'd record a little bit for my own memory.


1) He's very very very attached to his loveys and pacifiers these days.  While he's always slept with them, since he was a baby, this past month has consisted of him wanting them with him at all times, which leads to many moments of enticing/demanding/playing games of getting the loveys and pacifiers back in the crib.  Perhaps he senses that "baby sissy" is coming, and that changes are happening.  I usually give in and let him "cuddle" with his loveys after naptime, while we watch Disney Jr.

2) He's still mischievous, and funny, and makes us laugh all the time.  (See picture above. Look at that "I'm up to no good" face)  Andy and I comment that while he can have his moments of tantrums (see picture below), Jackson overall has a sweet heart, a willing smile, and we can decipher more and more the root cause of the tantrum.

Lest my mommy brain forgets, this sprawling out on the driveway resulted from me not carrying him into the house (as I had to carry in all my groceries). I am trying to train him to walk in the house himself (and not down our steep driveway, not around to the back of the house, but directly into the house), as I know I'm not going to be able to chase a toddler while carrying in a pumpkin seat with a newborn in about 61 days!

3) Jackson is still very observant, imitating everything we do.  I have to be careful with this, as he grabbed my lip liner and very quietly tried to put it on his eyes, like he watches mommy do with her eye liner.  Quietness in the house, when Jackson is awake and walking around, is never a good sign.

You can faintly see the light pink lipliner on the side of his eye

4) Since Andy has been traveling out of town virtually every week, and since I have the lovely plantar fasciitis in my left foot and am gimping along at almost 8 months pregnant, Disney Jr. has become our best friend and babysitter these days.  I do try to limit it, but sometimes I just have to put it on to get ready in the morning, or to get dinner on the table.  It usually results in Jackson sitting still for extended periods of time.  Wonderful!





5) When Andy is home, he has been wonderful about diving right in, playing and tackling and wrestling with Jackson, and also watching Jackson for 13 hour days when I'm at the hospital.  The hilight of my day is watching my boys all wrestle.



6) Jackson had a very mild fever virus last week, for which I kept him out of school.  It led to lots of snuggle time, some photo ops, and more Disney Jr.







Oh, and don't forget Mommy's pregnant run to Dunkin' Donuts to get a pumpkin doughnut! It's the only time I ever allow myself the luxury of a fattening, not-good-for-you doughnut, and it made all my boys happy that we went :)

7) Jackson's vocabulary is ever-expanding, which is wonderful for us to be able to decipher what he wants/needs, and also to teach him ongoing manners of please/thank you.

8) He still doesn't like it when I drop him off at Mother's Day Out two days a week, but his teachers say he quickly quiets down and plays, colors like a champ, and has fun.
We love you so much Jackson, and we know you'll be a great big brother to Baby Sissy (nope, we still haven't finalized a name, and we'll still keep it a surprise until she's here...but we have to figure out a name first)  :)








No comments:

Post a Comment