Happy Sunday morning!
No reason for this post, other than a few this and that tidbits.
1) At midnight last night, trying to fall asleep, I was lamenting what I would watch once the Olympics were over? What would keep me up until 11 p.m. every single night, waiting in anticipation to see the results of these amazing athletic events? Enter into mind: football! Yes ma'am, and that got me excited. Anticipating the excitement of your favorite team entering the field (and that would be the Auburn Tigers entering Jordan Hare Stadium in our household), crisp fall temperatures (a much-needed alleviation of searing summer temperatures for this pregnant momma), and, wait, all things fall...including pumpkin pancakes!
Yes, I pulled out my last can of canned pumpkin that I've been hoarding until pumpkin hits the grocery stores again. And I used it to make these delicious pancakes this morning, from scratch, so easy and delicious.
2) I'm reading this book and am really enjoying it. Thanks Emily for the suggestion!
3) Every morning I listen to this music. Classic hymns, done by Chris Rice, and many mornings this is the only time I get to intentionally reflect on Jesus and His goodness, while prepping Jackson's breakfast. Plus, I'm exposing my son to wonderful hymns. Win-win.
4) We've been having fun playing with this water ball outside. Enjoying simple days of summer.
5) Loving this children's author. I've just recently started checking out children's books from the library (and in doing so, keep a very close eye on Jackson to make sure he isn't tempted to rip any pages to examine the pictures closer), and I've been amazed at how many silly, pointless books are out there. But I stumbled upon this adorable book in the library, and it has captivating pictures, uses fairly big words for Jackson's age (which is good, he needs to hear them), and has a good moral message. Highly recommend all of his books!
Happy Sunday morning to you all!



No comments:
Post a Comment