For my memory, here are some of the things he's doing:
1) Transitioned with no problem from bottle to sippy cup. One day I offered him his milk in a sippy cup and he took it no problem. He's never looked back. (He was previously only drinking water out of a sippy cup and milk out of a bottle.)
2) He'll sing "Row Row" or "EIEI" if you ask him to sing a song.
3) Words he's saying:
"Biii" which means he wants a bite of whatever you're eating
"Cheeeeese" which can mean Cheese or Please. I'm still working on distinguishing
"Ka Ku" or something thereof means Thank You
I say Blueberries, Jackson says "Mmmmmm"
"Tu-er" for Tucker (dog)
"Ta!" for Thomas (the Train, or our friend Thomas)
I say Doggie, He says "Woo woo!"
"Uh Oh" and "Ooooh Nooo" are very common phrases (but it beats whining!)
An occasional "W-Gull" for War Eagle :)
"Bump bump" for bumping his head
I say Sissy and he'll repeat, although he doesn't know who "sissy" is yet
"Go go go"
"Tuck" for truck
"Choo Choo"
"Voom voom" whenever he sees a truck
Starting to notice airplanes overhead and pointing and imitating their noise
4) The climbing is beginning. Coffee table today. Who knows what else tomorrow.
5) Loves to dance.
6) If he falls, Andy says "brush it off" and he brushes his stomach and smiles.
7) Fearless swimmer (or drowner). Literally, submerged totally in the baby pool, I rapidly and somewhat panicky scoop him up, and he's grinning from ear to ear, ready for another dunk. Ah, so scary. Swim lessons Summer 2013 here we come.
8) Wants to eat anything and everything all.by.himself. Don't help him or he'll let you have it. (But sometimes if he hasn't finished his applesauce or yogurt, I can "airplane" it into his mouth with the spoon at the end of his feeding.)
9) Will point to his various body parts when I ask. Will sometimes obey commands and pick things up if he feels like it. Is learning the hand motions that go with "This Little Light of Mine" just from watching me sing and dance in the car. Is obsessed with having the DVD car player down. Doesn't matter if it's not on, but it must be down. He points at the roof of the car and whines until I lower it. Little Einsteins is our captivating movie of choice. Just watched Cars 2 for the first time, and I've never seen him sit still for that long.
Watching Cars 2
10) Starting to wrestle with Tucker, and Tucker is playing back.
11) Very into self-play. I'm loving it. Also will bring me books to read to him. Loving that more.
Stacking all toys
12) Turns in circles, grinning and making lots of noise, until he falls down. Then he gets up and does it again.










So sweet! 18 months is a fun age!
ReplyDelete