Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, June 8, 2012

Vegetables and Toddlers?

Is the title of this post an oxymoron?

In my life, it is an oxymoron.  I'm open for suggestions for how to overcome a toddler's picky moods and get some veggies in my boy! So send thoughts and ideas my way!

I have been opening up my Juice Plus capsules in his cottage cheese on a rare morning.  And we're obsessed with these organic fruits and vegetable packs.

 They can be pricey, but Babies-R-Us is having a mega sale on them now, and I stocked up. They are perfect to take to a restaurant, when you're out and about and on the go, and you're ensured your child is getting "butternut squash and pear" or "quinoa, plum, and apple" mixture.

When we were at Nabeel's today with Katie and McNeill, I ordered their fabulous hummus to appease Jackson (and myself) until our Grilled Chicken Feta Wrap came.  Jackson gobbled it right up, and I realized it was time to make the good ole' faithful Black-Eyed Pea Hummus. Maybe he'll eat it with our first summer produce from our garden?



 Jackson and McNeill at lunch today (one month apart in age). They were so cute together.

Stud muffin, sporting his new sunglasses that I couldn't resist buying at Babies-R-Us.


Cooking/baking is not on my radar these days, as it's really hard chasing a toddler, keeping him away from the burners on the stove (on the rare nights I am cooking), etc,  and so I've saved this baking recipe for after he went to bed.  I'm trying out a new recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread  to take to a friend who just moved.  And you'd better believe I'll be taste testing the second loaf this makes.  It smells so good in the oven now!

Happy Weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Try letting him help you pick out the veggies at the store, wash them and prepare them. The more involved my boys are with a food getting to the table, the more likely they are to eat it. And if that doesn't help...don't sweat it. Some veggies are hard for little ones to chew. Just keep presenting them and one day, he'll accept them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great suggestion and thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  2. When you figure it out please send your knowledge my way! Whit will not eat veggies at all. He is obsessed with those little packs though(i need to head to Babies R US if they are still on sale!) He is actually eating more meat these days so for me that is a HUGE step. So I honestly think its ok and they will eat them later(when they have no choice:) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackson will eat my recipes for spinach potatoes (tonight I made it with kale), black eyed pea hummus, and I will steam and purée cauliflower with a little bit of butter and Parmesan cheese. That has been my best luck this far! :)

      Delete