Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Celebrating in Atlanta

This past weekend, I planned a quick surprise getaway trip for Andy's 30th Birthday.

My parents were awesome and watched Jackson for us, which we really appreciated.

I chose Atlanta because it is a quick and easy drive, and because


was being performed at the Fox Theatre. Andy and I had always wanted to see this in NYC, but we never had time to go watch it.  We really enjoyed the performance, and I'm glad I was actually able to surprise Andy :)

We also enjoyed an AMAZING Italian meal at Ecco.  We feasted on everything from fried goat cheese slathered in honey, to a tasting of meats and cheeses from around the world, to a fabulous pasta and for me, a grilled flatbread pizza with arugula.  Delicious.  And we topped it off with olive oil ice cream, with bits of chocolate chips and sea salt.  Simply amazing.

I'm sad to say the one picture I remembered to take turned out incredibly blurry, and the wind was blowing our hair (and my dress) in all sorts of crazy directions. I'll spare you the dreadful blurry picture.

We topped off our weekend with the Jamisons, eating a wonderful lunch at their country club, and hanging out with their two precious kiddos.


 Throwback pics from Will and Margaret Gaither's wedding 2 years ago. Peyton to the right of Andy.  Megan below to the right of me.


Needless to say, we had a fun and much-needed getaway, and we enjoyed celebrating Andy's 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment