Wow, my "baby" turned ONE today!
I know it seems like everyone says "time flies," and "it seems like he was born just yesterday." But people say it because it's true! This time last year, I would have just gotten my second epidural (the first one didn't work/came out?!), and I'd be in a happy, drug-induced snooze right now, with Andy fielding all phone calls from anxious friends and family. Maybe it's because I work closely with labor and delivery and with new moms, but I remember so much of delivery, post-partum, those sleep-deprived early days with a newborn, etc, that I'm content to wait a little longer before even thinking about baby #2. :) So, (Mom and Dad), be content with these pictures below
He.loves.shoes
(and this is a really funny face he's making)
This morning, we went to Crestline Bagel with Daddy before he headed into work. Tonight, my mom is cooking dinner, so that will be a nice break for me and a fun way to celebrate Jackson with family.
These days, Jackson will eat/try anything and everything, from hummus and baba ghanoujh, to all fruits and vegetables, to grilled chicken and Boar's Head turkey (his favorite!). The only thing I've found that he refuses to eat (after trying one bite) is shelled edamame. Oh well, at least I tried! He's weaned himself down to where I'm just nursing him in the morning, and then supplementing with bottles throughout the day. He does know how to drink from a sippy cup, but a bottle is so much easier (I'll work on that transition more consistently very soon). He still takes 2-3 naps a day (usually the 3rd "nap" is just a rest time in his crib, anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes). He sleeps through the night, going to bed between 6:30 and 7:30, and waking up consistently at 6:30 every morning.
Jackson adores watching "big kids," and he loves to have play dates with my friends and their children. We're going to our first story time at the library tomorrow, so I hope he'll sit still long enough to pay attention. Swinging at the play ground is still one of his favorites, and I've been so grateful for these milder winter days so we can get outside and play.
He loves to open and close doors, and this is the face he makes each time he closes the door that leads to the sunroom
We love you so much Jackson! We are so blessed that God gave you to us, and we pray that you grow to be a man after God's own heart!


He is adorable Emily! Happy Birthday Jackson!
ReplyDelete