


Andy, Jackson, and I drove to Orlando, Florida, for a fun New Year's Celebration, and to celebrate my cousin Laura marrying Clint. Below is a picture of them at my sister's Phantom Host Ball a few years ago in Mongtomery:
Now here they are all dressed up again, but this time for such a sweet wedding.

We all had fun dancing, and Jackson even stayed up until 10 pm, a good 3 hours past his bedtime. He's quite the trooper. (And did I mention that he did amazing in the car, all 9 1/2 hours there and back?!)


My mom, me & Jackson, and my grandmother (doesn't she look so elegant!?!)
The next night was New Year's Eve, and we cooked dinner at our family friend's home (The Bryan's, the best family ever) with some of our dear friends, Rachael and Clay Cowherd, and Shelby Spears and her new-fiance Chris (and my sister and Lee Bryan were there...a fun family gathering!). In the midst of cooking, Shelby walks in the door and holds out her hand, and I saw a great big diamond ring just sitting on her left ring finger. So fun! I definitely sorority-rushed-jumped when I found out she was engaged, and I think I practically tackled her fiance Chris (whom I had just met a few hours prior!). We are so excited for Shelby, and I'm especially delighted that I was the first to hug her, as she was the first friend I saw when I got engaged in college.


Chris, Clay, and Andy


Rachael, Shelby, Chris, and me
After a fun New Year's Eve of cooking and celebrating with dear friends, we drove over to Tampa the next morning to stay with one of my best friends Rosemary and Tim. She is 34 weeks pregnant, and she was the most gracious host to the three of us! We enjoyed lunch out in the 80 degree weather, talking and catching up, and a traditional collard greens and black-eyed peas meal cooked by Tim. Delicious!

Happy New Year everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment