Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Recent Recipes



Ear infection. Poor J-man has his first ear infection. At least we have a diagnosis, and now that he's on the Amoxicillin, he isn't quite as fussy as he was. Sweet buddy, he's such a trooper.

With this cool weather, I've been cooking up a storm, everything from pumpkin bread to hot soup!

Emily Gross inspired me to make these Kale Chips. I bought some kale at Home Depot and planted it in a pot outside, so it was fun actually using my "makeshift" garden. (Note, don't over-salt these like I initially did)


Very tasty, and a great way to eat a "super food"

I made this Pumpkin Bars recipe into cupcakes for a Halloween party. Reduce the baking time by 10-15 minutes.





I had some farro I needed to use, so I found this recipe on one of my favorite recipe sites, Smitten Kitchen. This is a good and hearty Mushroom and Farro Soup. Serve with a crusty Italian bread for a delicious meal. (Note, I did not have the dried mushrooms the recipe calls for, and I thought my soup still turned out great. I just added one extra cup of water to the broth. You can also substitute barley for the farro. I used white mushrooms, and I did not add the sherry vinegar it calls for at the end. I didn't feel like buying sherry vinegar for this one recipe.)



I also made this White Bean Dip by Giada De Laurentiis. I did cook my dried Northern beans in the crockpot. Through trial and error, I'm learning with these beans you need to add more water than you do for the black-eyed peas, and I cook them on LOW for about 6 hours. These beans are a little more finniky in the crockpot than the black-eyed peas. But still so easy to do!



Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment