Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 13, 2011

All I Want For Christmas...

Is a new front tooth! Poor Jackson has been teething, and I'm feeling his upper left side tooth coming in. He's overall such a happy baby, but the teething, combined with some chest congestion, and the time change has made for some long days in our household recently. But here are some fun pictures to show what we've been up to.


Jackson met Santa at a local store here in town. He loved him! He also loved the life-sized elves in costume that were walking around.





We also attended my Meemaw's 80th Birthday party in Montgomery. Jackson did so well throughout the lunch, and we had fun celebrating the wonderful life of my grandmother!



One of the sweetest things said about her was a story from 30 years ago when she was battling breast cancer. She kept telling her husband and her four boys, "If only I could make it to see my first grandchild." (at this point in the story, I'm tearing up, and then I realize, it's ME she was referring to!) But the neat part of the story is how Meemaw beat breast cancer by the grace of God, and now she's lived to see her many grandchildren, as well as her first great-grandchild (Jackson). We hope she lives to see many many more great-grandchildren! (That means the other married cousins need to get to work! Ha)

On November 10th, Jackson started picking up foods (aka Puffs) and putting them in his mouth. He's getting fairly proficient at it. He's crawling everywhere, into everything, and you can't leave his side for a minute because you never know what he's getting into.


He loves his new activity walker, an early Christmas present from GiGi and Pops

And random thought: If you're looking for a good mini-series to watch, we've been watching The Pacific after Jackson goes to bed, and it's really incredible. It's incredibly intense, very graphic, but amazing to see the true stories of our soldiers during WWII. Andy and I are really enjoying it, and it makes us appreciate our veterans even more. Thanks for all you do to serve our country!

1 comment:

  1. Loving the Santa pictures! You're smart to get them done early :)

    ReplyDelete