Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer Dinner

There's nothing like a good Southern cook-out on a Friday night. The smell of sweet pork tenderloin baking in the oven, and a yummy Vidalia Onion pie in the oven.

I'm trying to use up the food products we have in our home before the big move, so here are two of my favorite recipes that I'm cooking tonight. They are fail-proof crowd pleasers!

VIDALIA ONION PIE
(from Bham Junior League's "Food For Thought")

1 c crushed Ritz crackers
1/4 c plus 2 Tbps melted butter, divided
3 c chopped Vidalia onion
2 eggs
3/4 c milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 c grated Cheddar cheese
1/8 tsp paprika

Combine Ritz crackers and 1/4 c melted butter. Press into greased pieplate. Saute onions in remaining 2 Tbsp butter. Pour into crust. Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper; pour over onions. Top with grated Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Serves 6


DELICIOUS PORK TENDERLOIN

(seriously, the easiest and best recipe ever)

2 pork tenderloin, trim off fat and rinse (I do only 1 pork tenderloin)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp creole seasoning
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1 Tbps Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp pick-a-peppa sauce
1/2 c white wine

Rub tenderloin with olive oil.
Sprinkle with pepper, creole, lemon pepper both sides
Rub spices lightly into meat.
Drizzle 3 sauces (Worcestershire, soy, pick-a-peppa) one at a time on top of tenderloin.
Pour white wine on pan around tenderloin.

Baked at 350 uncovered for 45 min to 1 hr. Let meat sit 10 min. before slicing.

Pair all this with a glass of white wine, and you have a fun summer dinner!

Because I don't have a picture of the food (I'm cooking it now!), I'll leave you with these cute chubby cheeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment