Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Winter, Spring, Summer Fall 2015

How do you begin to recap the past 10 months of this year?  Tough to find a place to start, (plus, the 8 year old laptop that I am typing on, that is still plugging along, is not compatible with my iPhone, thus leading to incredibly frustrating "technical difficulties"....but this should be resolved with our new Christmas laptop purchase) hence the month after month delay of downloading photos, documenting all that has gone on, and dropping with exhaustion most nights.  So, I decided to do a recap of the individuals in our family, for my own memories (and for yours, if you are reading this). ***I might cry...these pictures were showing up for me in my drafting of this post, but now are not showing.  I will leave this bad bad badly designed post up for now, and will hope for genius technology ideas to get this righted.

Andy

This Rock and Leader of our family has been working.his.tail off at work, at home, and everywhere in between.  The work hours have increased since our move, and yet Andy is ON when he does get to see the kids.  He will dive in with wrestling with the kids, and doesn't miss a beat in disciplining and correcting bad behaviors with them.  We love and appreciate his hard work, for how he keeps our grass growing and tends to all the yard and house needs, smokes meat on his new green egg he received for his 33rd birthday in May, makes times for date nights with me, gets up at 4:45 am to go work out with F3, meets weekly with his men's group at church, and did I mention the two cute littles who look up to him and adore him?

Auburn vs. Mississippi State game
September 25, 2015

Andy has enjoyed the occasional golf game with friends in our neighborhood, a work trip to Arizona, friend beach trip to Kiawah Island, and enjoying the new TV on our back screened in porch (cue, ESPN theme song)

Kiawah Club and a FUN beach trip with our friends, the Harbucks

Oh, did I mention we all met Cam Newton?! Dream.Come.True


Ellie got her pic w/Cam too...she was just a little intimidated by all of our excitement :)

Emily

So I realize it is awkward to write about myself, but a small recap of this year....learning how to parent these fun and vivacious and strong-willed children; joining a Life Group at our church, attending the Forest Hill Women's Retreat and hearing Jennie Allen and bonding with my roommates/fellow neighbors, monthly IF gatherings with these retreat roommates, starting Bible Study Fellowship this Fall; entertaining neighbors and friends in our home for dinner, loving our neighborhood and feel God has us here for a reason (and did I mention, we LOVE our neighborhood); reading; visiting my brother and The Roosevelts when they are in or near Charlotte; and just hanging on for this exhausting raced of raising toddlers. (but loving it!...most days)

We love Chick-fil-A day

Having so much fun with my best friends in town July 2015

Celebrating our 9 year anniversary at Fahrenheit in Charlotte


Celebrating July 4th at the Charlotte Knights game



Jackson

Sweet and fun and funny Jackson...where to begin...He loves to look at books, to be read to, to RUN, to play soccer (started soccer August 2015), to play, to sing, to make up songs, to dance, to "shake your booty," to playing with Ellie, to picking on Ellie, to looking out for Tucker, to saying "you're my best friend," and "I love you Mommy."  He just stopped wearing pull-up diapers to bed, sleeps about 8-10 hours/night, naps only 1-3 times/week, can be picky with food one day but then eat random vegetables another day, loves his preschool and learning his letters and drawing and painting.

Checking out the Whitewater Center in Charlotte

On our way to the Charlotte Aquarium


Loving on cousin Keziah in Memphis (he LOVES to hold babies)

YaYa and all the cousins in Memphis

Christmastime in Birmingham

Loving his karate lessons

Working on his letters

Ellie

And where to begin with this fun, sassy, strong-willed, independent, loud, outgoing, and did I say independent, strong-willed, sassy...child :)  We love this sweet girl.  She loves to play with Jackson, pick on Jackson, talk to "Tucky," tell me "you're my best friend mama," loves outfits and clothes and shoes and her baby dolls and taking care of them, loves animals, can be picky about some foods and not about others, loves to wake up early and party, loves to wake up her brother and play, moved to a big girl bed (from her crib) September 2015, potty trained September 2015 (and still working on it), and just "left her pacifier at the Greenville Zoo for baby monkey George) (aka, we cut the thing she loves most), and after several days of lots of crying, I think she is okay that baby George now has her pacis (or that they're in our trashcans in our house). Whew, it has been a crazy few months of all this "training," and it is definitely an aspect of Parenthood that I do NOT particularly enjoy.   Ellie goes to preschool 2 days a week and does great once I leave (she can still sometimes be clingy to me and Andy), and the teachers say she is "Miss Personality" and that she likes to "read" to her classmates. Makes me giggle every time I think of her telling all her stories and "reading" to others.  She loves to draw and do whatever big brother is doing.  I hesitated bringing this up and decided to only touch on it, since I have details documented elsewhere in my own personal journal....she got burned by boiling water February 2015, and is fine now, with many trips to and from Chapel Hill Burn Clinic...but we have been busy/occupied with that, and are forever grateful for grandmamas and neighbors pitching in to take care of Jackson and bringing us meals and loving on us in and through the scary recovery.  (and this is why you'll see her SPF sleeve on her left arm in many of these pictures...keeping it protected from the sun).  Ellie loves to talk talk talk, sometimes talking for hours on end, loves to dance, "shake your booty," is fearless, a climber, and adds an element of loud fun to our family.


Afternoon fun at Old Mecklenburg Brewery

Learning "hands on hearts" as we sang the Star-Spangled Banner July 4, 2015


Summer concert on the Anne Springs Greenway with our fun friends

my IKEA helper

We love Uncle Les and Aunt Ash!

Summertime fun with our best buddy and neighbor Emily

Kiawah with Mae Mae and Baby Maggie

One of my all-time favorite pics:  Ellie wishes she could be on Jackson's soccer time

I spy...

First day preschool First Baptist Fort Mill 
August 2015

Whew, a many-months-dreaded post, painfully and slowly done with ancient technology, but now I can breathe a sigh of relief that I did it and it's over and has caught me up on this year thus far.  I have so many more pictures I want to include, but it is a time-defeating labor of love to get each picture up on the site, so I will wait and maybe have a mad picture rush in the new year.

It has been a fun and full year of time with family, welcoming back my sister Margaret from the World Race, spending time with my brother Jason in Nashville, having grandparent help for some much-needed trips with just me and Andy), visiting Andy's mom and all his family in Memphis; fellowship with Allison and Wade and family, visiting all the way from China.  Meeting new neighbors in our neighborhood and surrounding areas, watching Auburn football games, getting together with our Charlotte friends, beach trips, mountain trips (Highlands in August).  Loving this year and all the Lord is teaching me/us in and through life.

Next post...Fall soups!



No comments:

Post a Comment