Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Favorite music with toddlers

I am a firm believer in the power of music and songs to teach our kids to appreciate the beauty of music, lyrics, and learning Truths.  Therefore, I tend to invest in music, especially kids' Christian music, to teach my children while they are young.  Here are some of my favorites:

Hide 'em in Your Heart Vol. 1

Hide 'em in Your Heart: Volume 2 [With DVD]
Good ole' Steve Green is from the 1980's, but y'all, his songs are straight Scripture.  They have been a great tool in aiding my kids as we learn a verse each week. The song just magnifies the memorization.  Both can be bought on Amazon.com.

The Kingdom of Heaven Is Like This
My new fave, and the kids ask for these songs in the car.  I love Ellie Holcomb, her soothing voice, the Truths she sings (check out her station on Pandora...we listen to it at every mealtime), and this CD is chock full of singer/song writers like her. Folksy, bluesy, good.

Praise Baby: Forever Reign
All of the Praise Baby cd's/DVD's are quiet, soothing Scripture songs. I had my infants listen to this often, and it is great music to get your kids to nod off in the car.

Seeds of Courage
Seeds of Worship. Great, high tempo, songs straight from Scripture. (can you tell I order most things from Amazon?!)


I do focus mainly on listening to Christian music with my kids (and usually we listen to Hillsong and NeedtoBreathe and Chris Tomlin and all sorts of awesome artists that are not kid-oriented), as I feel these little years are so important to instill Truths.  

Now don't get me wrong, I still LOVE love love music, and so I'll definitely throw in some Allman Brothers, James Taylor, Nat King Cole, Earth Wind & Fire, Megan Trainor, Broadway plays, Disney musicals, Mozart, Bach, The Doobie Brothers, hip hop...we listen to it ALL.

I hope you're encouraged by the CD selections for you and your littles (or bigs!).


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Emily, we have had the same kiddo cd in our car for weeks and I was thinking we need something new! Perfect timing for your blog post!

    ReplyDelete