Ellie was clearly thrilled to be put down on a random plot of grass
Now, we can't wait to try the produce they are growing all around here, especially the peaches and strawberries. Come on spring!
And I need to give a follow-up/insight into the area we live in, prompted by a conversation I had with a dear friend of mine today.
Yes, we live in Fort Mill, South Carolina. Where is it, you say? Literally, a stone's throw to the North Carolina border (approximately 3 miles), or 17 miles to Uptown (you'll remember, that is the Charlottonians' way of saying Downtown). So if you meet me and ask where I live, I will more than likely tell you "Charlotte", as it is simply too confusing to begin the long diatribe of, "Yes, we live in Fort Mill, yes it is in SC, but really we are in Charlotte." No offense to those within the Charlotte Mecklenburg borders...
The majority of our neighborhood works in Charlotte. And our neighborhood is very diverse, lots of transients/transplants, and we have met so many friendly people from Chicago, Pittsburgh, New York, Wisconsin, Ohio, New Jersey...you name it, we have it in our neighborhood. Actually, I think people are a bit surprised these Deep Southerners moved into their 'hood, and that we don't have that bad of a Deep Southern accent. I think they might be a bit puzzled by the way I dress my children: smocked clothes, appliqued t-shirts, names/monograms on t-shirts....you see NONE of that around here. Hence why I consider our neighborhood full of Southern charm, with a vast Midwest/Northern majority.
So there's our story. Hope it clears up any confusion! ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment