Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

15 Months






I believe I missed cataloging Ellie's 14th month of life, so I'll catch you up to speed on this past month.  Ellie has really picked up walking and keeps right up with Jackson.  (And he even will imitate her awkward waddle, which just cracks me up.)  She also has this crazy dancing, whether she is deep leg squatting/plie-ing, or shaking her head side to side, waving her arms, kicking her legs, she does it when I sing or when I play music.  Cracks.me.up. Eats anything and everything (see below), and is finally weaned (cue "hallelujah" chorus), as of March 14th.

Here she is downing some good ole' Papa John's.  When Papa John's is at our house, we usually have silent dinners.  Lovely for me!  Ellie is "helpful" in that she will take Jackson his sippy cup, or give him his lovey.  She uses voice inflections just like Jackson, also cracking me up.


At her 15 month check up yesterday, she weighs 21 lb, 12 oz (40% percentile), 30 inches long (40-50%), and looked well (minus the bronchiolitis she has had for 2 weeks, cutting 5-6 teeth right now, and clear fluid build up in her ears, thus a ripe candidate for an ear infection.  So her pediatrician started her on Amoxicillin.  Maybe this will alleviate her screaming at various hours throughout the night?  Poor baby and poor mama).








 Remember this snow?  Well, not a few days later we had gorgeous weather and enjoyed running around in short sleeves.  I also drove the kids to Birmingham for a quick get together with friends and family (and no, me and my 2 very dearest friends literally did not plan on dressing our boys alike.  I guess great minds think alike?!)


Jackson, Ford, and Thomas at the library.  They are best buds, just like their mamas. I pray they'll always be

Oh hi, that's me.  Headed Uptown (what Charlotte calls their Downtown.  I know, we're cool like that) on a much-needed date with my man!  Thank you to YaYa (Andy's mom) for putting the kids down to bed so we could get out and try a restaurant called Rooster's.  I love that Charlotte is big on farm-to-table restaurants, and I look forward to trying all the great restaurants around here.



 A boy, a horse, and some lovely sunshine at Anne Springs Greenway, across the street from our neighborhood.  We have enjoyed leisurely hikes, checking out Billy Graham's great-grandfather's cabin (that housed 11 children!) that has been moved to the Greenway, crossing bridges, and getting outside on the sparse days of warmth.  Come on spring!
This nugget of curls has given me a run for my money and kept me on my knees in prayer in regards to his crazy little 3 year old outbursts/whining/disobedience, etc.  WHAT happened to my complaint first child??  This (VERY DIFFICULT) stage lasted about 4 weeks, and we've seen the light and I have my sweet toddler back (for now).  He so loves his sister, and when I subbed at his MDO the other day, Ellie was in the 1 year old class and they were at gym time together.  He proudly showed the teachers his "did-turh" and even asked for her when they had to go back to their separate classes. He is my helper (when he wants to be), and loves to dance, even stripping off his diaper and singing "shake your booty" for our giggles and laughs. He is talking up a storm, recalling memories and events that happened weeks ago.

In regards to our time here in Charlotte, we really are enjoying it (although I know Andy is NOT enjoying tax busy season.  Then again, neither am I.  Come on April 15th). Our neighbors have been sweet, I've enjoyed meeting friends that you all have set me up with, and we have enjoyed visiting different churches.  Looking forward to all the Lord has in store for us here.

Signing off for now to demolish my ironing pile.  Happy week!

"From the ends of the earth I will cry to You when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."  Psalm 61:2

Note: A few weeks ago I was having an incredibly frazzled morning.  I had both kids in the master room with me, while I was trying to straighten my hair, put on make up, get ready for the day and for Jackson's MDO family chapel (ironic, I know).  I could hear Ellie rummaging around in my drawer and called for her to come to me.  She crawls over with a Bible verse on a notecard: "Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure." Psalm 16:5  How sweet of the Lord to remind me of His perfect plan for me, even when I was lamenting my "lot" in life.






No comments:

Post a Comment