For my memory, and perhaps for your amusement, I am cataloging a list of "firsts" that have happened these past few weeks in our family.
1) On Ellie's birthday, 12-17-12, Jackson and I were at the breakfast table, and I told him, like usual, "I love you Jackson," and this was the first time he audibly and clearly said "I love you too," and then proceeded to eat his yogurt like what he said was no big deal. Absolutely thrilled my soul.
2) Not so thrilling to my soul, but funny nevertheless...on January 2, 2014, I drove up with the kids to Charlotte. And that was the day Jackson decided to ask WHY about everything. And it has continued. :)
3) Since moving, Ellie is finally loving on her stuffed animals and baby dolls instead of banging them crazily on the ground.
4) Jackson has started saying "huh?" multiple times a day (I now realize he gets that from his parents). And Ellie is imitating him. Sometimes our house sounds like a big cacophony of mockingbirds.
5) Ellie took her first official steps in the new house. She is still working on it!
6) Jackson's first pediatric dentist visit on January 14, 2014. And the same day I drove to Target, let him pick out a toy, and took away his pacifier forever. All.by.myself. It has been almost a week and he only occasionally asks for it.
7) Jackson's first time to sleep in the bunk beds that my dad and brother slept in when they were little.
8) First spontaneous neighbor gathering with our side by side neighbors. The women, Natalie and Tara, have been so welcoming to us, and their kids are really sweet and play well with our kids. Thus ensued our first wine/beer gathering in our driveway while we watched the kids play!
9) We had over our first dinner guests on January 18, 2014! Natalie and her family came over, and it was fun to cook, dress up the table, clean the house, put away the stacks of random things that needed to be organized, and have fun fellowship with our new friends here.
10) Our first overnight visitors!
12) Jackson started MDO at a sweet small church called First ARP in Rock Hill. He is doing great, and I am enjoying the time with one little munchkin to run errands with instead of two kiddos.
(And for my record, at Jackson's 3 year old check-up, he weighs 33.8 lb and is in 50% for height (38.75) and weight. We had a low-key celebration for him, complete with homemade cake, as well as treats at his Mother's Day Out program. We had fun celebrating our sweet buddy!)


No comments:
Post a Comment