Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

In My Mind I'm Going to Carolina

The week before Thanksgiving, we listed our house on the market:

(my instagram post :)
Coming Soon

While I was at the beach with my small group of women, we received an offer on our house the first day, and we accepted it with minimal negotiations. The Lord completely provided for us, as I was feeling very overwhelmed getting our home ready to put on the market (and to show it) with 2 young children and a dog.  And the buyers were in our same situation, relocating from Connecticut, away from all their friends and family, to sweet Birmingham, Alabama.


Andy came up to Charlotte several times, and finally narrowed down the wild home search to one, literally one, house that worked for our family. There isn't much on the market around the winter holidays, and couple in the high price market in Charlotte, required a great deal of trust on my part that the Lord was truly in charge of every single detail in our moving journey.

Here it is!

Andy (and dog)  moved up on New Year's Eve and was invited to the neighborhood party that night and met so many nice people.  I stayed at my parents' house a few days, and then headed up with the kids. We amazingly got the majority of the boxes unpacked in the first 30ish hours, and then my mom stayed that week to help hang, straighten, watch kids, etc.

Our address number is 710, and God revealed an amazing verse to me, with our house address (yet another  affirmation of His sovereign plan over every.single.detail.)

2 Samuel 7:10-11  "And I (God) will provide a place for my people...and will plant them so they can have a home of their own...The Lord himself will establish a house for you."

So here we are, and while I have certainly had my melancholy days of missing family and my best best friends back in Birmingham, I know (that I know, that I know) that God has us here, not only for Andy's job, but to minister to our neighbors, to raise our children here, and I am excited to see everything He has in store for us.

 Helping mommy unpack in mommy's closet

 Thank you, random Easter eggs, for entertaining Ellie so I could unpack the kitchen

 Just chillin' at the Fort Mill dinner hot spot

 Our first overnight visitors!  (GiGi was taking the picture)

First date night in Fort Mill at the Fish Market

 Does this stress anyone else out? Moving Day
 
 2 days later...making progress


 Moving Day

2 days later

GiGi relaxing by the fire on our outdoor porch

No comments:

Post a Comment