Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Highlands 2013

We just spent a glorious week in beautiful Highlands, North Carolina.  70 degree weather, gorgeous mountain views, sure made it hard to come back home.



Some light hiking at Dry Falls








 Bridal Falls

 Superhero hiking Daddy
 Atop Whiteside Mountain
 Rough family pic, but I had to show I was there :)


 Random pit stop on the trail

 Sleeping baby at the end of our hike

 Blueberry picking. This is about all we got. Small but delicious!




 Yummy breakfasts at our house

 Loved waking up to this view every morning


 Andy graciously watched the kids one night so I could join my family and our best family friends, the Spears, for a delicious dinner at Canyon Kitchen.  Delicious food, yummy Blackberry Lavender martinis, fun fellowship.

 I took the kids to many a playground while the guys golfed and the girls shopped.
 Jackson's first ice cream sandwich



 Feeding the ducks and geese who swarmed our car, thus resulting in feeding them from the safety of the interior of our car.



 Ellie's new faces and gestures

We LOVED spending time with Uncle Jason

 Sunset atop Sunset Mountain






I have NO clue why these two photos are showing the progression of photos, but it's almost like a mini-movie. Don't you feel like you were there taking these pictures?  :)


1 comment:

  1. LOVE these photos!!! The whiteside mountain one was beautiful and all the gorgeous waterfall ones. Also the family photos by the lake. So pretty!! The mini photos are awesome. A little taste of the action!! :) Great trip! Makes me miss NC.

    ReplyDelete