Being a mother is truly a GIFT.
Just as being single is a GIFT.
Just as being a widow is a GIFT. (If you don't believe me, ask Elisabeth Elliot)
In reading through old journals, old school entries with the standard school photo and the question: "What do you want to be when you grow up?" More often than not, I answered, "A mommy."
I am beyond grateful for my two healthy, precious children. We have prayed and prayed for both of our children, we are grateful for their health, their sweet hearts, their fun energy, and the gift of being parents. But I must say, being a mother is not all I expected it to be. I've never been more humbled in my life, clinging to the grace, energy, strength, and guidance from our gracious Father. Combine my extreme humbleness with crazed hormones, a lack of what I deem sufficient sleep, the continual learning of dying to self, and bam!, you have a young mom with uplifted hands, seeking the Lord in how to raise my sweet kiddos.
never. say. never.
For those of you longing to be mommies, for those of you not wanting to be mommies, for those of you grandparents that have been through the tough, but fun, little years, please
extend grace
Here are some links to some extremely encouraging articles that have given me perspective, encouragement, and the hope to press on in raising these two children the Lord has given, and equipped, me to raise.
I love this italicized phrase from the book "Spirit-Led Parenting."
"Contentment
is essentially a matter of accepting from God's hand what He sends
because we know that He is good and therefore it is good." J.I. Packer
"God is the blessed controller of all things, the king over all kings, and the master of all masters." I Timothy 6:15
"God is the blessed controller of all things, the king over all kings, and the master of all masters." I Timothy 6:15
Feeling blessed, humbled, and renewed by God's never-ending grace and love,
Emily
p.s. If any of you need book recommendations, or just someone to talk to, contact me. For those who know me, I am quite the voracious reader, and I can easily recommend any number of parenting books that have encouraged me (with the Holy Bible being the best place to start).


No comments:
Post a Comment