Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Easy Dinners

We have had so many wonderful friends and family bringing us some much-needed dinners, and for that we're forever grateful!

On the days when we don't have meals and Andy is home, I have, surprisingly, been up and cooking, and I thought I'd share some easy dinners I've been doing.  I'm also amazed at the difference in my two post-pregnancy states...with Jackson, I was comatose for about 6 weeks, and unloading the dishwasher was a big accomplishment.  Second time around, I suppose I realize how tired I'll be in the newborn days, and therefore I'm used to it and realize the sleepless nights won't last forever.  And, I have a family to feed, so here are some recipes I've quickly whipped up:


Smitten Kitchen's Sweet Potato and Marshmallow Biscuits

Recipe here.

Use leftover sweet potatoes to make these Sweet Potato Pancakes

Recipe here.


Pioneer Woman's Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork

Recipe here.


Crockpot Cashew Chicken

Recipe here.

(Note, I definitely doubled the sauce.  And I added frozen peas and chopped baby carrots when I added the cashews.  Makes it tasty and healthy.)


And I'm making this tomorrow night:

Oatmeal-Crusted Chicken Tenders

Recipe here.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing Emily! Really! Thanks for sharing some new recipes, always love your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete