Just had to prove he wasn't totally terrified of Santa this year
Jackson was in his big boy bed but is now back in his crib since Ellie has been born. That is fine by me, as he tends to sleep much longer in his crib. He's still interested in the big boy potty, but I'm not pushing potty training at this stage of our newborn life. We thoroughly enjoyed it when Daddy was home for 3 weeks, and he and Jackson did everything together since Mommy was so preoccupied with Ellie.
A fun trip to McWane
Sporting Daddy's crocs
Jackson is still happy-go-lucky, with some mild regression since Ellie has been born. But overall, he loves her and is always asking about Sissy. The other day he finally asked to hold her, and while I didn't have a camera handy to capture the precious moment, I plan on getting it on film one of these days. Jackson was thrilled to hold her, and made sure Sissy had her pacifier smushed to her face.
Helping Sissy put her Wubbanub pacifier in her mouth
Ellie is a sweet baby. She's definitely starting to wake up more, but overall just eats and sleeps. When we hold her while she sleeps, she'll go longer during her feedings, sometimes up to 5 hours.
First family walk
Ellie in the baby Bjorn
Mommy made this gown before Jackson was born
Crazy hair
While I typically play Chris Rice's Hymns CD in the mornings when Jackson eats breakfast, I never thought he paid much attention to the music. But recently, I've turned around from cutting up fruit at the kitchen counter, and I spy him wagging his head side to side to the beat of the piano music, wiggling his whole body at times to the music. Melts my heart.
The favorite moment of my day is when we say prayers at night with Jackson. He leans into Andy's chest and closes his eyes, his long eyelashes accentuated on his cute little cheeks, folds his hands, sucks hard on his pacifier, and says a resounding AMEN when we're done with the prayer. If we ever forget to pray at night (on an occasional hectic crazy night), he gets upset and will cry in his crib until we come pray with him. I love that he's starting to grasp the blessing we sing at meals and they sing at Mother's Day Out. My prayer for him has been and will always be that he'll have a heart like David's, longing for the Lord and seeking His presence always.


No comments:
Post a Comment