Here's some ideas for some good, easy meals that taste delicious now, or freeze and eat later.
Pioneer Woman's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
Picture from Pioneer Woman's blog
Butternut Squash Soup
Inspired from this blog post, and the fact my husband brought home a mega butternut squash from the grocery store, I attempted my first official butternut squash soup. However, since I knew I had a lot to do in and around the house today, I opted to try Southern Living's slow cooker recipe, and I was not disappointed. Then, I copied Sarah's recipe and added goat cheese in my bowl of soup, a perfect tang to complement the sweetness. Recipe found here.
Picture from Southern Living
(pretend that dollop of sour cream is really a heaping helping of goat cheese)
Red Lentil Soup
Picture from Southern Living
Also, my first time cooking with lentils. Easy, hearty, and inexpensive.
Chicken Spinach Lasagna
from Rushton Waltchack
Lasagna:
16 lasagna noodles, cooked
1 (10 oz) pkg frozen chpd spinach, thawed & drained well
4 cups diced chicken
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 cup finely diced onion
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 cans cream of mushrooms oup
16 oz sour cream
9 oz jar sliced mushrooms, drained
2/3 cup mayo
Topping:
2 cups grated parmesan cheese
4 Tbsp butter
2 cups chpd pecans (or sliced almonds) *I omitted this and it still tasted great
Combine all ingredients in very large bowl. In a large and deep baking dish, layer chicken mixture, noodles, chicken mixture, noodles, chicken mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Melt butter in skillet on stove. Add chopped pecans to lightly toast and sprinkle pecans over cheese. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Serves: 10-12
Delicious, easy, and makes a large amount.
Chicken Spinach Lasagna
from Rushton Waltchack
Lasagna:
16 lasagna noodles, cooked
1 (10 oz) pkg frozen chpd spinach, thawed & drained well
4 cups diced chicken
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 cup finely diced onion
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 cans cream of mushrooms oup
16 oz sour cream
9 oz jar sliced mushrooms, drained
2/3 cup mayo
Topping:
2 cups grated parmesan cheese
4 Tbsp butter
2 cups chpd pecans (or sliced almonds) *I omitted this and it still tasted great
Combine all ingredients in very large bowl. In a large and deep baking dish, layer chicken mixture, noodles, chicken mixture, noodles, chicken mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Melt butter in skillet on stove. Add chopped pecans to lightly toast and sprinkle pecans over cheese. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Serves: 10-12
Delicious, easy, and makes a large amount.
Coca-Cola Cake
No, not freezer worthy, but delicious all the same.
Recipe here.





No comments:
Post a Comment