Wild Rice & Goat Cheese Stuffed Acorn Squash
from Publix Family Style magazine
2 fresh acorn squash, cut in half lengthwise and seed removed (I used one large acorn squash)
1 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice
2 oz crumbled goat cheese
1/2 c toasted pecans, chopped
1/3 c chopped pitted dates (I omitted this)
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1) Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the squash halves on the baking sheet, cut side up; brush with some of the melted butter. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt. Roast 25-30 minutes, until squash is tender. Remove from oven.
2) In a bowl, combine the rice, cheese, pecans, dates, olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Place some of the mixture in the center of each cooked squash half. Turn oven to broil. Return squash to oven; broil 4-5 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted.
Makes 4 servings.
Easy, delicious, and healthy!
Don't ask me WHY I got on this cooking/baking streak. Andy is out of town all week, Jackson has decided to cut short his naps while Daddy is away, and wake up super early (which he rarely does). So, I'm going on about 4 hours of sleep right now, and my prayer throughout the day has been, literally, "Lord, give me energy. Help me make it through this day." Ever faithful, God granted my request, and Jackson is down for an early bedtime (and I'm soon to follow!). But, I thought I'd add on the yummy chocolate chip cookies I made while Jackson watched Disney Junior. Seriously, Disney has been my lifesaver today in keeping him occupied so I could cook/bake/clean, etc.
Thick, Chewy, Chocolate Chip Cookies
Southern Living
1 cup butter, at room temp
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (12 oz)
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1) In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
2) In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
3) Drop dough in 2 Tbsp portions, 2 inches apart, onto buttered baking sheets.
4) Bake in a 400 degree oven until cookies are lightly browned and no longer wet in the center, around 6-8 minutes.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment