Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 13, 2012

New York, New York

Andy and I just got back from a fun weekend celebrating my best friend Shelby getting married to the love of her life Chris.  While I was sad to leave Jackson for four full days (the longest I've left him yet), he and his wonderful YaYa had a blast at our house, reading books, playing choo choos, and having undivided attention from his adoring grandmother.

 Shelby and her bridesmaids at the Bridesmaids Luncheon, King's Carriage House, Upper East Side



 Aunt Tina, Mom, Margaret

Me (yes, 6 months pregnant) and my sister


While Andy did work the entire weekend, he was able to sneak away to attend the rehearsal dinner (Hotel Wales, Upper East Side), and the wedding. He's pictured here with a very dear friend of mine, Melissa, and then Clay, another dear friend of ours.

 The groom (on left)

Rachael, Melissa, my dad, and me

The wedding was so beautiful, and Shelby was the most elegant bride.  While we were all a little worried about rain the day of the wedding, little did we know that we'd have to be worried about 2 tornadoes hitting Queens/Brooklyn!  Right as the wedding ended, but before the reception, the skies opened up.  Thankfully we all hailed cabs and made it speedily to the reception at the Junior League Building.

Thank goodness the beautiful bridesmaid dress fit!  :)  Do you see the look of worry on my face (saying, "hurry up mom and take the picture!  it's about to pour")

I know Shelby's eyes are closed in this picture my mom took, but I had to show how elegant she was in her dress.  Shelby and her new Carroll family

 We Auburn bridesmaids had so much fun reconnecting


Andy and I were able to spend (a little bit of) time together in the midst of his busy tax deadlines.  We visited old places we hadn't been to in 4 years, including Clinton Street Baking Co. for breakfast and Dos Caminos for a late lunch before heading to the airport.

I had so much fun celebrating Shelby and Chris in their city, and I wish them all the best in their marriage!

(And I thought I'd add my interesting observation while in NYC.  EVERYONE, and I mean everyone, started at my pregnant belly.  Like I was a martian...Very odd.  However, I was truly blessed (and surprised) by the (few) people who "looked out" for me in the subway.  Several saints offered up their seats, and one thuggish-looking guy even made sure the subway door stayed open for me.  He glared at some young guy who didn't offer his seat, and when a seat became available, this chivalrous gentleman even pointed it out to me and suggested I sit.  While I didn't take him up on his kind offer, as I had only one more stop to go, I seriously wanted to find his mother and thank her for raising her boy right, even if he does look thuggish.  There's my interesting observation of being pregnant in NYC, and a big thank you to the few saints looking out for those pregnant ladies on vehicles of mass transportation.)


No comments:

Post a Comment