1) Celebrating, like crazy, Mark and Lucy and their glorious wedding this past weekend
2) Me losing my voice at the wedding reception, and still hoarse (6 days later), and fighting a lovely little cold (but I'm all better now due to the aid of a Z-pack)
So we've been laying low, taking lots of naps, I've been reading this intriguing novel, and listening to lots of babbling and chasing/running after our active 15 month old.
Jackson is at such a fun and busy age. He's still a happy child, but I'm definitely beginning to see some throw-myself-on-the-floor fits when he doesn't get his way. These fits don't last long, and I can usually distract him with something else. Nevertheless, they've begun.
He can be a picky eater when he wants to be now, and a good bit of his food gets thrown down to Tucker. Jackson is constantly babbling, and it sounds like he's mastered some foreign language. Absolutely hysterical to listen to.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C8gTPjBiD4c?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
**note, videos not working right now! will work on it
Everything is a phone...it goes up to his ear, whether it's his play phone, a bubble wand, a banana, his pacifier, anything. It's funny because I'm not much on the phone around him, but I know he is picking up quickly on anything and everything we're doing. He also loves dancing, which consists of banging his head up and down (not hitting anything, just head banging). Thomas the Train is a big hit these days, whether we're reading the book, listening to the theme song, or watching episodes on our Kindle Fire.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WpgAbe1QrGA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Thankfully he's still taking 2 naps a day, sometimes fighting one or the other of them. This boy needs his sleep!
And while I know this last one is sideways and I can't turn it, I loved these days of him "dancing" in his exersaucer
What sweet, happy, "containable" days :)
**At the pediatrician's office, Jackson weighs 20 lb 14 oz...my long and lean little boy!



No comments:
Post a Comment