Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 2, 2012

14 Months


First time in big boy cart at Publix

I didn't think I'd keep updating the months of Jackson's life after age 1. But I'm amazed at how quickly I'm forgetting the cute details of his precious life, so I'm writing this for my own memories (but feel free to read along).


I had just come home from work and Jackson was already in bed (as my wonderful parents watched him all day, for 13 hours! They're the best babysitters!). Jackson was asleep, but I think he was moving around more than usual because he probably heard me moving about the house. Sorry for the shaky camera, but I was laughing uncontrollably. When I showed this to Andy, he told me that he (used to) sleep this way. No big boy bed in our future any.time.soon.

Jackson is walking everywhere these days! We just got kicked out of the crawler class at church. Or should I say, promoted to the toddler class. I know he'll get run over by all those kids running everywhere, but it'll toughen him up, right?!


I realized I filmed this sideways, but I couldn't resist capturing his first time wearing big boy shoes. Still getting adjusted to them!

He is into everything, reaching up onto counter tops, desks, you name it, grabbing for things that I didn't even realize he could reach. He is still a sweet, happy boy. Jackson is getting in 2 of his back molars, so that can make for some hit-and-miss naps, as well as some unexplained whini-ness, but I bet that's got to be so uncomfortable to be cutting those teeth.

Jackson is still a great eater, but he'll definitely let you know when he's "all done" (using the baby sign language, still the one-handed left hand wave signal). It's fun to see him intently listening and responding to various questions such as, "Where's your belly button, Where's your tongue (his favorite); What does the doggie say," etc. I realize he's a little sponge!


Family Date Night at Chez FonFon


First Easter Egg Hunt

Second Easter Egg Hunt...terrifying his friend Knox with screaming (definitely a nap-time moment)

We've had a lot of fun recently, going to various Easter egg hunts, reading The Jesus Storybook Bible, having play dates with various friends. I'm so grateful for this season of life.




Wearing Andy's outfit that Andy wore as a baby. Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment