Andy and I took Jackson to New York City this past weekend. As many times as I've visited NYC, I've never seen it at Christmas time. We had the BEST time, and I think Jackson loved it too! He loved the attention from everyone he encountered. Flirting at its best!
All bundled up and ready to face the cold winter in NYC
We had a FULL schedule from Thursday morning until Sunday night.
We saw the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center
Visited my friend Shelby in her amazing Upper East Side apartment
Saw the World Trade Center and the massive Liberty Tower that's being built there now
And the "Occupy Wall Street" protest site (But where are all the protesters? They must have gone home for the holidays)
Times Square
Caught up with our best friends Lucy and Mark on the Upper West Side (and we're thrilled about their upcoming wedding April 2012!)
Ate a delicious brunch at Peels with my best friend Shelby, who also so graciously babysat a sleeping Jackson in the dark in our hotel room (thank goodness she had her IPad) so Andy and I could go on a fabulous date night dinner. Thank you Shelby!
After browsing all over the Internet and consulting friends for the perfect date night spot, I found this amazing Italian restaurant in the West Village through a blog site. It truly was so quaint, charming, and authentic Italian; so authentic, in fact, that Andy and I were probably the only non-Italian-speaking people there. We loved it and soaked up every minute we had there! So, the next time you're in NYC, you must go to Quinto Quarto.
We love a sleeping baby!
Jackson was probably worn out from going ALL over the city: from Chinatown, to Little Italy, to Wall Street, to the Upper West Side, Upper East Side, Times Square, Central Park, Lower East Side, West Village, whew! What a fun and fabulous trip!


No comments:
Post a Comment