Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 26, 2011

Fun in Auburn



We had a great time in Auburn this past weekend, staying with some good friends, and reminiscing of the good ole' days when we were students at Auburn. Enjoy the pictures!






Jackson (7 1/2 months) with Maddie Camp (4 years old) and Emalyn Camp (20 months)


The Camp girls were so sweet with baby Jackson

Below is Jackson with Aunt Myra. The last time she saw him was at A-Day, when he was 11 weeks old.




Tailgating with Ashley and Andrew McCay

Then we came home to find that this little guy made his entrance into the world. Meet Ford Russell!


Lacey, Emily, and myself have all been best friends since the 7th grade, and now we all have little boys together. :)


Jackson was enthralled with his new friend Ford.

I made a random menu tonight for dinner (only because I had all the ingredients on hand), with all the recipes being new to me (thank you Pinterest!). Here they are below:

1) Spicy "Fried" Chicken Tenders
2) Quinoa with Green Onions and Pine Nuts
3) Balsamic Glazed Butternut Squash Fries

Odd menu combination, but all were really delicious. For the chicken tenders, I used 2 tsp of cayenne seasoning, and I thought they were way too spicy. This is coming from a person who cannot tolerate spice. However, Andy thought they were awesome.

I've never cooked with quinoa, but it's a really healthy grain, and so it was fun to experiment with new foods. I had no cilantro, so I used dried parsley (I know, I know, fresh cilantro would have made it THAT much better).

And the butternut squash fries were delicious. I actually grilled them on my ridged cast iron on the stove top, since Andy was not home from work yet (he's the grill master, not me).

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment