Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Ellie 9 Months

A few days ago, Ellie baby turned 9 months.  My how she is growing!  Her stats at the pediatrician were:
Weight: 20 lb 11 oz (75-90%)
Height: 28.5 inches (75-90%)
Head Circumference: 17.5 inches



 Some crazy baby chatting and can-can-ing-it while in the pediatrician's waiting room
Showing off her two bottom teeth

She is still my happy camper, loves giggling at Jackson, crawling everywhere (she started this right after Labor Day), and causing me to re-baby-proof my house.

The foods she's tried this month are mango, watermelon, winter squash, cucumbers, and baby Puffs.  She can still be unsure of food textures, but surprisingly will eat whole Puffs without a problem.  Ellie still nurses every 3 hours during the day, goes to bed at 5:45 pm (because she is crying to go to bed then!), and wakes up anywhere between 4 and 5 am for a feed and then usually goes back to sleep until 6 am. or so.


 Playing with our cousin Stephen




Jackson showing me his freshly brushed teeth
 She's my messy eater, and proud of it



Playdate with the Menendez and Russell kids

Jackson still loves it when we read to him, and he self plays really well.  His vocabulary and words have dramatically expanded, and most recently he will say "I no ike (like) it," which I learned today is his way of mimicking Dr. Seuss' "Green Eggs and Ham." He has an excellent memory and recalls anything and everything.  Jackson is still really sweet with Ellie, and if he makes her cry, he will tell me why she is crying, fessing up to pushing her or squeezing her cheeks :)  He also sings along with the Bible songs we listen to the in the car, and it just melts my heart.

Phrases as of late:
"I/my did it!"
"God did it!" (with anything he likes, in discussing who made the rain, in talking about ice cream...)
"I happy!"
"Mama happy!"
"I tired too"
Every color is "Blue"
What does the elephant say?  "BOOO!" (Auburn brainwashing and I love it)
 "Waaar, Eagle HEY"
"Go Au-buuurn"
"Scuse me!"
After sneezing, "Bess you; bess me"
"No maaaam did-turh (sister), no maaaam"
"My help" (meaning, I'll help you, all by myself too)

Activities as of late:
Very attention-detail oriented, builds choo-choo houses
Loves glue sticks, putting caps back on anything
OCD-tendencies...everything must be in its proper place
Very helpful and insistent on unloading the dishwasher, throwing away trash, blowing his own nose "my boow" (aka blow)

No comments:

Post a Comment