Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

22 Months

I'm posting this 22 Month update a little early, since Baby Girl could be here any day now (and is scheduled for an induction on December 17th).

Lest I forget these sweet moments:

1) Jackson has been so sweet lately (with an occasional toddler tantrum), and he's lavishly bestowing hugs on me.  I'm soaking up every second with my sweet snuggler, especially before Baby Girl gets here.  I definitely think he knows something is "up," and I'm grateful he's choosing to be sweet the majority of the time (and especially since Daddy is traveling right now, I've very grateful for an overall happy toddler). Oh, and he's been VERY attached to his lovey and pacifier, more so than ever before. I guess it's his little comfort. He twirls his lovey just like I used to twirl my baby doll's hair.


Blurry, but testing out some of baby sissy's equipment we've been setting up in her room

2) He's very independent and will use his big boy potty very matter-of-factly before his bath. I did buy toddler underwear, but thought I'd introduce all that well after Baby is here.

3) When I'm reading a book to him (and he'll ask to "re, re, reeee"), and if it's a book we haven't read before or haven't read in a while, he'll run around to see the front of the book, stare intently at the front and back covers, and then run to look at the pictures I'm pointing to.  Really cute and sweet.

4) When I point to a picture of Jackson and ask who it is, he'll promptly say, "YOUUUU." I guess we rarely say "me, my, mine" in our house, so he knows that picture is YOU. He'll grab my iPhone and say, "You, You, You" when he wants to look at videos I've just taken of him, etc.

Watching a few minutes of "Elf" tonight. He loved it enough to stop playing with his trucks and trains

5) "Gloria" (the Christmas song) is his new favorite song, and when we listen to Casting Crowns or Chris Tomlin or Amy Grant Christmas at meal times, I'll look over and see him bobbing his head with a big grin, sometimes copying the words they're saying.  Amazing how much they pick up on.

6) He pointed out a bug to me in our sunroom this morning, and then quickly backed up while I screamed/killed the almost-dead bug. I'm so grateful he didn't try to pick up the nasty little roach. Let's hope my little screams will scare him off when I'm busy with baby.

7) He's been a little "off" on naptime, and definitely doesn't want to be left alone (hence another reason why I feel like he knows something monumental is about to happen in our family). But, he's usually fine if you sit in the chair next to his crib, and within 5 minutes he's sound asleep. Thanks to Andy and to my Dad for figuring out that trick! Or, if he wakes up in the 4 am or 5 am hour, we've figured out if one of us will lay in his twin bed, next to his crib, then he'll go back to sleep.  While I may not sleep, at least he's snoozing a little bit longer.

8) Jackson is becoming a little pickier in eating, which I know is normal. If I let him, he'd live off of cottage cheese, cheese slices, milk, and applesauce. Throw in the occasional spaghetti and black beans & rice, and he's fine. Other foods he's loving these days: apples, pineapples, broccoli, grapes, grilled cheese (those days can be hit or miss), clementines, pizza, bagel, and of course, Cheerios.






9) We had a "firetruck" play date with some women and their kids from our Sunday School class, and Jackson had the best time. He was perfectly content to sit in the backseat of the fire truck, and he would have stayed there all day if we had let him. The firemen were so kind and gracious, and they had even wisely stationed some firemen at the end of their driveway, since it's right on a busy road. They know little 2 year old boys would dash towards the street in a heartbeat (and thankfully they were there when Jackson ambled that way). I can't speak highly enough of our local firemen and how great they were with all the kids, very patient, lifting them in and out (and eying me warily, hoping I didn't go into labor at their station).




 It didn't matter who came by, Jackson just stayed in his seat and watched everyone (and of course showed off his cool firetruck hat)



 Leave it to the boys to be testing out the mechanics of the fire truck


10) Since I'm sadly "Scrooging" it this year, as in, we're not setting up a tree, I'm not pulling out any of my Christmas decorations except for stockings, bow for front door, and that's about it (all due to the reality that I don't have any energy to put it up or take it down, especially with a newborn in the house), we attended our church's Advent wreath making. While our wreath is a little sad looking, we all had fun singing Christmas hymns, hearing a short devotional, eating dinner and fellowshipping with our friends, and Jackson and Julia ("JuJu") had fun watching the big kids run around.


11) We had one scary experience with a (possibly inebriated?) Santa in our Village Christmas parade, and Jackson was NOT a fan (but neither were Andy or myself, especially when Santa begged us both to sit on his lap, which we politely declined). Headed to Zoolight Safari tomorrow with my parents, so I'll be sure to add on pics; and hopefully can get in one more visit with a "legit" Santa before baby comes.

Zoolight Safari!  Jackson loved riding on his first choo-choo, hugging the Chick-fil-A cows, and seeing all the amazing lights at the zoo:








It was like Christmas morning when we woke up today, as my Dad (Go Go) had surprised us all by putting up this Santa inflatable in our front yard. Jackson loved it!




2 comments:

  1. Great update Emily. He is such a big boy and I am pretty sure he and Owen could be friends if they lived a bit closer ; ) I felt like I was reading the exact foods Owen loves. Sounds like yall are ready for baby girl and I know Jackson will be a great big brother. Keeping you in our prayers as you near a very exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, I DO always wish we lived closer, because I know Jackson would LOVE playing with sweet Owen. Hope y'all are well!!

    ReplyDelete